Friday, April 23, 2010

new duds


It is 2 million yrs, yes I am exaggerating again, since I last wrote in my blog. I haven't DLed my pics yet for a while so this is the new clothes we are wearing in 2010. I cannot wait til they come in - another week or so.
Man - where do I start. Life is good, and so busy. Pierre and I work all the time. 7 days/week. The shop is doing fantastic. I have so many things I want to do in the shop: new paint (the walls are awful), new lighting, getting a new VO2 analyzer - the one they use at the OTC, lactic analyzer, maybe a new treadmill. I have been doing a lot of running testing and the current one I have is too narrow. I guess it is like owning a house, only we have the shop and our big dog. I am going to miss Dallas so much again; but thank God the Wilsons's are taking him (so I will not worry). I was afraid when they got their own dog I may not have a sitter, but hopefully Sooty Bear and Dallas DaBoss will get along. Pierre and I take off for Gila on Monday, the race starts on Wednesday. Blair is not feeling so good right now and pray he gets better overnite. He has worked SO hard for this race. As has Nate. All of them do. I will try very hard to post pics and a brief note everyday. This year we have a house with a stove!and a fridge and internet. I have about 30 plans due out on Monday so thank God I have internet at the house where we are staying.
Sunday is the Richmond Duathlon and I have some people racing there. Nancy is racing St Anthony's, many racing Jason Grundel. Racing every weekend. I try to get in my measly 100 miles/week - this is COMBINED running, mtn biking, road biking, walking....... I am trying so hard to make more time; but truth is Pierre and I are busy. It is awesome, the shop is going to make it I would say.
I am infatuated with mountain biking. I don't know what happened, why, how. I just know I did Bakers Dozen, could not clear 2 rocks, and am determined to clear them. It is FUN, it is challenging, I am ready to move on from the road. I never knew if it would happen. Honest. It was, is, has been my life. For as long as I can remember. Of course I will still ride road and maybe even do a few races; but the challenge of mtn biking is so awesome for me right now nd I have FUN. The next thing I will try is cross - as soon as I get my bike in the right size. I set up a camp with Sue Haywood, yes the legend Sue Haywood - anyone can come just email me; and I think I am crazy enough once again to sign up for S100. I know - middle age crisis, I am sure this is it. Better to be doing something like biking than other stuff....
I have a ton of work to get done today and hoping I can get in one hour of something, so ciao for now. Will update from Gila

No comments:

Post a Comment