Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crater Lake paradise

Last day in Bend, for now. Next year we have alot of unfinished business.....yesterday we traveled to Crater Lake (thanks Reed for driving us there - I really wanted to go!) - it was about 1.5 hr there (bit longer on the way back coz they were working on the roads). Steven, Pierre, and m rode our bikes round the loop - it was about 32 miles an 3800' of climbing. I LOVE to climb even though I now slow - it just works. For so many disciplines. It was not too steep - so real good strength work. So hard to duplicate this in NVA.


We had the cooler packed with only the best of foods - Mimi I am bringing you back a bottle of the XXI. WOW! We didn't open it til we got back - we all having too much good outdoor fun. Crater Lake - breathtaking! You come up the entrance road and I couldn't believe it was REAL. That it wasn't a poster. Just incredible. While we rode bikes Reed did a great stroll to the lake, went for a dip, and took a nice hike. Excellent. I have seen everything I wanted to see while here in Bend - next year we all have to go to the top of Mt Bachelor. I was wishing all of us had gotten to Crater Lake - another label for 2010. It was amazing. Today we pack up and head to Mt Hood. To stay and visit with Pierre's family. We there for 5 days and then back to VA. Has been one hell of a trip. I have been pretty bad about working - I have to start doing more today and this week. Getting lotta training plans out. Sometimes you just have to tune it all out - the noise. Makes me so much more creative when I tune it out and actually think/ see. I am focused on where to do the training camp Dec-Jan 2010 - wanna try find something in San Diego area. Find some new mts for the riders besides Mt Lemmon. Plus I have a house in Toulouse for 10 days - this may be a spring camp for us. Oky ciao for now - Nationals 2009 was the best yet and much more to come. Yeah!






No comments:

Post a Comment