Wednesday, February 4, 2009

found my blog again!


My gosh I found my blog.... taken my like forever. no comments......I think I started it using another email address - oh well. I was under pressure because I started it in Tucson with Nate's help and we had to leave for the airport like minutes ago. All that was lost is now found and I can write my posting for February and likely lose my blog until March...like I said no comments about memory.

So - it has 1 month since I last wrote. Back in DC, rolling in Computrainer classes, watching and monitoring my athletes progress. Getting my own DOG! this Saturday - Dallas - a boxer. I am very excited about this. I have wanted a dog forever. I take care of the CharBear alot - a friend's dog - but now really getting my own dog. He is 105 lbs of muscle. Maybe I will get some upper body mass now trying to control him on a leash.... he comes from my sister (who rescues dogs) but Dallas does not do leash. That should be fun...My sis lives on a 60 acre farm (yes sweet) and her dogs run free.

It is February and just about time to start throwing in some bigger intensity - I tend to hold the athletes back for as long as I can - til they wanna bust loose. Being "hungry" is the name of the game. The season is VERY long - and to be fresh late in July takes pacing it very smart. I am hoping the weather cooperates with some warmer temps (on weekends please!) - like it did this last Sunday - so I can send my athletes to go do some climbing. At least enough time to get off of a trainer - and get some road legs.

Some of the boys are going to race in 2 week - man the time passes....but I have some guys racing the NC races - a RR and crit down in Raleigh. So far the early season form is good - for many of my athletes. Power is going in the right direction, Bradley Kendall is working on his CORE every day (at least this is what I read in all his feedback reports...), Steven Kendall is riding his TT bike for 6 hrs at a time......, Nate's Ptap busted last Sunday on Rt 211 coz too high...on and on. The Richmond HPC boys are planning to bring it to NC. Watch out for Chris McMillan - I am letting you all know now. The boy can sprint. Don't say I didn't warm you.

I am getting crazy and doing a mtn bike team event - the Baker's Dozen. Should be fun. We have 3 Co-Ed teams racing April 18th. I am on a training program myself - Nate Wilson is going to study exercise physiology at UCO, Boulder -so we doing some work on how to write training plans. So I am hoping to have some form for this season. He is good so far - nails everything I hate doing and that is on my plan....sign of a good coach.

Okay - gotta get back to work. Hope I don't lose my blog for another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment