Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Importance of Recovery

As a coach - I often go over the top with my athletes about the importance of recovery. So I thought a picture, often times worth a 1000 words, may help detail
this crucial training parameter. Thus this pic of my dog Dallas - in full out recovery mode.
Notice the legs fully stretched out to insure
proper lactic acid removal and highest rate of buffering.
Now the fact that he takes up my entire bed (meaning I can recover on the dog bed) is besides the point. Man do I love this pooch. I have wanted a dog forever. I took care of Charlie alot - Evan Fader' dog, and having to give him back - when I had to - just was too hard on me. I had to have a dog. My dog. Actually our dog - Pierre loves him also. I wasn't really expecting to get a 100+ pooch - I wanted someone to run with and mtn bike with. Well - you don't always get what you want but often get what you need. Right? I love him. And he does run - just not too much at any give time. He has done 2 x 7 mile walks back to back. I estimate his % bodyfat to be about 4% - pretty damn lean and almost peak form. He isn't yet sure if he likes my bikes - but one step at a time.
I think the next post I will term Calories in Calories out. I have some good ideas for this one. In photo form explanation.......

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps some compression socks for Dallas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue, I found your blog by chance during my standard mid-studying web-surfing break time. I was actually wondering if you can shoot me an email if you get a chance (I don't have your contact info anymore). I have some exercise physiology related questions that I was hoping to get some advice from you on. Hope everything is going well!

    -tim darwick
    tjd5043@psu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can kick Dallas butt anytime.. Miss ya. Hope to see ya soon

    charlie

    ReplyDelete