Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good times




Greetings from Bend, OR. Home of JR/SR Nationals for 2009. Bend is awesome! I have been many many places - but Bend is homey and low key and gorgeous and the people are real. I like it. I checking out for training camps - very very good roads here. I wanna find another place besides Tucson. Though not many places warm/sunny enough in Dec/Jan cept S CA and AZ. Pics are of the homies I train and my dog who REALLY wanted to come - funny how smart dogs are. Even BIG ones. He looked all sad and kills me when I see him like this. He sure knows how to work me with those eyes of his....He is in the great care of the Wilson's - Avery and Carolyn - whom he loves. I am focused on the boys bringing home some hardware. Steven Kendalls' RR is today @ 4PM. He does 15 laps of a 5 km loop - it is going to be hard. Not any big climbs but enough leg breaker stuff what is going to break the field cept for the strong men. Finish is very good for him - good flat sprint. I think the hills in the course are definitely going to be a factor + heat + so dry out here. Plus 76 other guys who want the hardware as well. Humm......
Jenette would lov it here - there are SO many Great coffee shops. I really like the feel of this town. It is gorgeous - when I have more time I will take some pics. The travel day on Sunday turned out to be about 16hrs and I was tired from that. Had a nice spin yesterday and hope to have more energy today. We going to go check Nates' RR course. About Nate - I didn't add in our final GC results from TRRG, KY - Nate finished 8th GC, Robin 10th GC and Andrew Barker 11th GC. For a composite team, to come together for a race, for those that know how hard it is to just meet up and race as a team - this is sensational. There are SO many factors involved in a stage race to start, and then to put a team together and have them ride as a TEAM...hat's off to ALL of us - the riders, the staff, the sponsors. I think Andrew may have won the overall at LaBitibi last week. I saw Robin and met his younger brother Yannick who I hear is a beast and likely one of Steven's main threats. Robin "I will get da bottles" Eckmann was crazy fast in KY - so I am sure his brother be one to handle as well. We are going to have a TRRG reunion at the Taco Stand and Steven Black is going for the Boswell Challenge. I will take pics. It is a 5lb burrito and you have to eat it under 4min. Steven Black gave it a go yesterday but just a trial run. He needs the support of his TRRG team to cheer him on - so we will have this on the agenda.

I am happy to be here - as I said before to actually get the chance to SEE my work in action at races is the greatest reward for me, as a coach. All the tuesday rides and 100 of repeats and 3 mile and 5 mile and 10 mile time trials - all that work, is worth it. Always been my motto. Then to see the riders I coach go for it - most incredible feeling for me. Win or lose. Just going for it. Back home I know is the Va State TT this weekend, Tour of Lancaster Cty, Blair gets his wires off and so can start traning again hurray!, the building hopefully is underway - for my training center. I have about 10 plans I have to get out now - then go for a bike ride with my friends. Last week was really cool coz I got to do 2!!!! bike rides with my mates from home. Jeff A, Kay, Rob Urbach, twice in one WEEK!! I haven't been able to do this in what seems like yrs. There is NOT much better than a ride with friends. Well being able to sqeeze a coffee stop in the ride IS the ultimate. Only thing about my juniors - they don't drink coffee....... that is a good thing I am sure. Ciao for now - will update post Steven's race today. Nate and S Bk race RR on Thursday, TT's are on Friday, then crits on Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment